Every year, around this time of year, I pray and ask the Almighty God to give me the strength to do what I have to do for myself and Family as well as the strength to bless someone in need. This year my prayers went out to one of our neighbors, an elderly couple, who have so much on their shoulders at the moment.
On Thursday I finally rid my entire property of weeds, for the second time, following last month’s three-day rain storm. This morning we headed over to our neighbors and began cleaning their front yard with the same love and care we did ours. It felt good and we were grateful to be able to gift them part of our time for a task that would give them peace of mind and a beautiful yard until next Winter, when the weeds return.
There are many ways to bless others:
- Pray for someone
- Visit and spend time with someone
- Compliment and Express Gratitude
- Volunteer your time to a meaningful task
- Make time for your loved ones
- Donate money to help a cause
- Be a good example
- Assist someone in need (make dinner, give a ride, babysit, tutor, etc)
- Pay something forward and start a positive chain of action
“When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness… all the good things.” ― Maya Angelou