I enjoyed spending the whole day with my family outdoors today as I watched my kids running around the backyard, giggling while hunting for Grasshoppers as I was building a second Reclaimed Primitive Wood Bench. These are the days we cherished the most since the cold weather is setting in slowly but surely and we might not have an opportunity to spend time outdoors until next year.
- Scrap/Reclaimed Wood
- Drill, Drill-bits
- Spray Paint/Paint/Stain
- Wood Chop Saw
- Wood File
Step by step:
- Decide how big or small you want your bench to be
- Decide on the design of the legs (for my bench I decided on a 30 degree angle for the cut on the legs since the bench is not deep)
- Measure and cut your wood
- Screw your pieces together
- Using a wood file, file the rough/sharp edges of the wood to prevent splinters
- Wash the bench to ensure that the paint will stick to the wood
- Let dry and paint or stain
I hope you find this tutorial helpful and get creative building yours.