Five years ago, my wife found a beautiful Female Statue and knowing how much she loves statues and seeing the wonderful job she’s done surrounding our Home and Garden with relaxing zen sculptures, I agreed to get it for her. We paid for it and as we were about to load it into the back of the car, it collapsed and broke to pieces. After picking up all the pieces, we returned home with the promise to reconstruct it in the next following months. So days turned to weeks which turned to months and years went by. About three years ago, I glue some of the major pieces, but that was all about it. Finally on Friday, I decided to resume the restoration process.
How to proceed:
- Clean the pieces you plan to glue.
- I used Loctite Epoxy Resin which sets in 5 minutes to glue it together. It holds up to 3,000 Psi and worked for my statue.
- I position the pieces and check that they fit together. I use clear packaging tape to hold the pieces together before gluing them.
- Once I had a big section done it gets added to the overall pieces which is where I am currently.
- The arms will be the last to be added and then I will fill in the cracks using DAP Cement filler.
Once the pieces have been glued and filled in I will spray paint the statue and place it at a location of our choice.