After much deliberation on which craft to make, we decided to make a Mummy Pumpkin.
- First aid gauze/Toilet Paper/White duct Tape/White linen
- Googly Eyes/Draw your own eyes
- Black sticky back craft foam (for the mouth)
- Scissors/ Crafts knife (to carve out the mouth)
- Craft Glue/ Hot glue Gun (for the eyes)
- Toilet Paper Roll/Vegetable can (for body, if desired)
- Q-tips/Straws/Toothpick/ Wooden Skewers (for arms, if desired)
All we needed for our Mummy Pumpkin was a Grapevine Pumpkin, First aid gauze, and a pair of Googly eyes.
Step by step:
- Wrap the gauze around the pumpkin, leaving a few openings for the eyes and the mouth. Tuck the other end in. Some people glue one end of the gauze to the pumpkin as well as the other; I just wrapped away, loosely.
- Carefully place googly eyes
For a creepier effect you could use different eyes and red paint to randomly give it a bloody look.