Today I am going to share a DIY Pilgrim House we helped our daughter build for her class project.
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Hay (we used Aspen pads for the roofing)
- Elmer’s glue
- Spray Paints
- Paint or Markers
Step by Step (for this project):
- Cut out pieces of cardboard and put the walls of your house together
- Cut out a piece of cardboard for the roof and set aside
- Build your chimney and attach it unto the roof
- Using your glue gun, glue the Popsicle sticks unto the walls of the house, except the roof
- Spray paint the walls of the house, let dry and secure the roof
- Build a door and window using Popsicle sticks and paint them
- Generously apply Elmer’s glue unto the roof and secure your hay
- Apply glue using the glue gun to the base of the house and stick to the floor.
It was a fun project to work on and the reward was equally great!